Re: [Debconf-team] is there a need for a global-team meeting?

Hi,

On Montag, 28. Juni 2010, Brian Gupta wrote:
> First, let me apologize for missing the meeting. I mistakenly set aside
> 1900EST instead of 1900UTC, and missed the meeting. I won't be making this
> mistake again.

IIRC I was at a festival in offline land :)

> Pros:

Brian and Ana summarized the pros very well.

One argument was missing though: the organizers of the coming debconf (=11)
should be involved in organizing this debconf (to learn). If there are no
global meetings, how can they be involved?

> Cons:
> --------
> 1) Take time

I think the key here is to limit the meetings to one hour. That needs some
discipline but is totally doable as previous years have shown.

> 2) Aren't always as productive as people would like

Everybody can+should fix that.

> 3) Not enough people attending
>
> My sense is that we do need meetings, however, muchof what needs to be
> covered (but not all) could be addressed by a local team meeting as well.

If you mean a RL, face2face meeting when you say local meeting, I have to
object. Those meetings lack transparency and the option to participate for
non local people.

I think we should go with weekly meetings from now on, its only a bit more
then 3 weeks left til DebCamp start and lots of things are unfinished. (Do I
need to list them? ;)

I also suggest to have these weekly meetings at the same time and day each
week, so people can adopt their schedules to that.

Even though I'm absolutly not happy with 21 UTC on a monday for the next
meeting, as I wont/wouldnt for the weeks to come, but if this is the time
which fits the majority best, so be it. (Reason: it's 23 localtime here, on a
monday...)

cheers,
	Holger, quite puzzled by the idea of dropping global meetings. I think the
	very idea is a perfect example why we need the global team and the global
	meetings.

	(And, to be clear: I absolutly appreciate "silly" ideas and "stupid"
	questions. IOW: no idea is silly and no question is stupid. Some ideas might
	not work and answers can be stupid, yes.)