[Debconf-team] "Start thinking about DC12" email?

Hi,

If we want people to have started preparing DebConf12 proposals in time for the
presentation at DC10, we should send an initial call for proposals email soon.
Does someone want to work on it? I can if desired, but don't want to be a major
part of the process since I intend to do much less DebConf orga stuff during
the 2010-2011 schoolyear while I start law school. I would much prefer to yield
to people who will be participating fully in the location selection cycle.

This should not detract from the consensus that changes from the existing
decision meeting procedure are necessary; they very much are. Despite that,
everyone seemed to be fine with the part of the procedure where proposals are
solicited from before DebConfN-2 until end of the year 2000+N-2, and people can
present their ideas or partial proposals during the session at DebConfN-2 if
they are ready. Please accept my apologies if I have misrepresented the general
opinions here.

Does someone want to take this and follow through? I am happy to hand off
ownership of the DebConf12 event at DC10 to such a person, though I will just
as happily be in the audience for it and share the slides I used for the DC11
proposal session at DC9.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debconf.org