Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf10-localteam] Defining the purpose of outreach during Debian Day

Thanks for showing me the agendas from earlier Debian Days.

Before I comment further on Debian Days...Could somone put me in touch with someone who helped do the Extremadura Debian deployment (Rafael Martín Espada, Dario Rapisardi, Pedro Pérez, etc.) so I can ask them a bunch of detailed questions? This is for a paper and a Debconf presentation I'm doing about getting free software into government agencies.

Regarding Debian Days: the agendas were all very rich, and many of the talks looked like they'd be good for other conference tracks too (especially after the first couple talks). I'm sure we can put together a great day of talks by asking people doing talks at the conference to adapt talks to an audience with less Debian background.

So for me the question is what happens outside the talks. I suspect that visitors won't want to just go to one talk after another all day. Do you usually have desks with advisors set up to help visitors get involved, and perhaps workstations set up where you can dazzle them with demos? I think a key goal would be to have them leave with a sense of personal connection to us a Debian people and to the Debian project.

Andy