Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf10-localteam] Defining the purpose of outreach during Debian Day

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 02:12:38AM -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 7:50 AM, Andy Oram <andyo@oreilly.com> wrote:
> Andy, I do believe at the end of the day, the highest priority goals
> of Debian Day is to increase awareness of Debian and Free Software
> among the local populace. However, I think that they are all very
> important goals. Feel free to take a look at the previous Debian Day
> schedules to get a better idea:
>
> Past Debian Day presentation schedules:
>
> http://debconf5.debconf.org/about/debianday.html
> http://es.debconf.org/debianday/schedule/ (Debconf6 debian day)
> https://debconf7.debconf.org/wiki/DebianDay
> http://debconf8.debconf.org/debianday.xhtml.en
> http://debconf9.debconf.org/openday.xhtml
>
> Please note, I do believe the local team has a significant amount of
> discretion to tailor Debian Day to meet the needs of the local
> populace. (Whether that be language, technical level, or interests).
> Can somebody please confirm?

I would say this is definitely the case. In many past years there was
the additional component of many (Debian|Open)Day talks being in the
local language as DebConf proper is primarily (exclusively, even?) in
English, regardless of host country.

-edrz