Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf10 scheduling is available

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2010, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> I completed the scheduling for DebConf10.  You can all hate me for it now
> ;)

quite the opposite, quite the opposite...! :)

> The schedule starts each day at 10:00am, and concludes at 5:30pm or
> 6:30pm, depending on the day.

Why does it end so early?

> Already, some concerns were raised on IRC about only having a 1hr gap
> for lunch.  If we want that lunch gap to be 1.5hrs instead (e.g. if we
> have to eat in staggered shifts, or if people just think it's too tight)
> then i'd be fine with either moving all the events before lunch earlier
> a half-hour, or moving all the events after lunch later by a half-hour.
>  What do folks think?

I think one hour is definitly way too short, 1.5h too. I would go for 2h. Else
each meal is a hurry, but with 2h you can actually eat relaxed and have a
chat, take a small nap or prepare your talk :-)

> I have also left a half-hour break in every afternoon as well so that
> people don't go totally stir crazy (though on Tuesday, i've scheduled
> the group photo for that break).

Scheduling stuff in breaks makes them pointless. I generally dont like that.
Though for one day its probably ok, it just shouldnt become the rule.

If possible (see the very first question of this mail) I'd prefer 45 or even
60min breaks too.

> We also need to think about how to announce the changes to the
> participants.  I don't have a plan for that yet.

use debconf-announce?!

cheers,
	Holger