Re: [Debconf-team] Action plan on sponsorship

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 07:37:32PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 12:40:19PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I created this page last night
>>  http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/SponsorshipReview
>>to use for drafting plans for a sponsorship review.  So far that is
>>just my work, so other people should update it to make it a) agreeable
>>to the global team b) not be so poorly written.
>>
>>Here is a proposed list of what we should do now:
>>
>>- I send mail to all attendees, saying
>>  - We need to review sponsorship.
>>  - Fill in Travel -> What are you doing for debian?
>>  - If you are going to DebCamp, make sure you have a good debcamp
>>    reason.
>
>Just seen the email to tell me I'm high-up in list A for travel
>sponsorship. Since I applied, my new employer has undertaken to repay
>my travel costs (at least) so you can drop me from the list. I'll
>check up on the possibility of getting food/accommodation covered too
>and get back to you.

And that looks OK too. I'll change my details in Penta right now so
I'm not claiming sponsorship for them.

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
 English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on
 occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
 unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."  -- James D. Nicoll