Re: [Debconf-team] [talks]: late requests for food/board sponsorship

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 2:52 PM, micah <micah@riseup.net> wrote:

So there were four people who signed up late to give talks, and had also
requested food/board sponsorship. They are currently scheduled to not
receive this sponsorship due to requesting it past the deadline. This
may be considered unfortunate for a couple of reasons: a. we actively
solicited and encouraged late talk submissions; b. giving a talk at an
event, but then not even getting food might be mean.

What do other talks-team people think? Should we ask for reconsideration
of these, or is it fine that they don't get it?

One option, individually email all 4 explaining that the sponsorship deadline is passed but we noted that they had requested food/board. Explain that we can try to get an exception, but it will take some doing. And then ask if they really need it. (Or something like that). Their replies may make your decision easier.

-Brian

micah