Re: [Debconf-team] talks team reportback (and block on meeting results)

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Pablo Duboue <pablo.duboue@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 11:40 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor
<dkg@fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
> On 06/03/2010 04:00 PM, micah anderson wrote:
>>>
>>> could you draft the rejection notice you're proposing someplace?
>>
>> Sure, but I welcome others to make changes. See the bottom of
>> http://whiteboard.debian.net/dc10-talks-mails.wb
>
> Thanks for writing that up.  i'm fine with the current text on that page:
>
> ----------------------------
> == Talk rejected ==
>
> Hello $PERSON--
>
> Thanks for submitting your proposal event $TITLE for DebConf10.
>
> We appreciate your interest and the time you invested in putting
> together your proposed event. As you may know, we had a large
> number of submissions for talks, and a limited number of
> resources. After a long selection process your event was not
> selected for this year's Debconf.
>
> Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your event, we
> enjoyed having it as an option.
>
> We hope this doesn't discourage you from attending Debconf, in
> fact there will be opportunities for ad-hoc events to occur, if
> you should wish to still put it on. Details on how that will work
> will be available at the conference.
>
> sincerely,
> the debconf talks team
> ------------------------

What about:

Hello $PERSON--

Thanks for submitting your proposal event $TITLE for DebConf10.

We appreciate your interest and the time you invested in putting
together your proposed event. Our talk selection committee felt
your submission on its current form would not attract enough
interest among the DebConf attendees and it will not merit
your effort put forward in preparing the talk.

Proposing (Knowing that it might open the question "What are the criterion?".:
 s/would not attract enough interest amount the DebConf attendees and it will not merit your effort put forward in preparing the talk/does not exactly meet the criterion for a DebConf presentation./

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your event.

We hope this doesn't discourage you from attending Debconf, in
fact there will be opportunities for ad-hoc events to occur, if
you should wish to still put it on (if you decide to do so, we can
provide extended feedback to ensure a better fit for DebConf).