Re: [Debconf-team] Discussing our budgeting and sponsorship situation

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 01:10:41AM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 10:16:39PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> > They are actually worse than we thought last night, not better:
>
> All great points. Some countervailing good news: as people fail to reconfirm by
> June 10, we will regain some meaningful chunk of food/lodging/travel money.

Let's say we want to recover $50000.  At $650/week/person, that is 76
people who need to not reconfirm.  But, it has to be sponsored people
not reconfirming: if someone who is paying us doesn't reconfirm, that
doesn't help our budget.  (I want to split out the budget into
sponsored and unsponsored groups, since unsponsored all end up paying
for themselves, and it's the sponsored we need to balance out).

According to
  http://rkd.zgib.net/http/debconf/registration-data.txt
we have 234 people requesting accommodation sponsorship.  Expecting 76
of them to not reconfirm is... quite a lot.

(And in reality it may be more than 76, since some don't quite cost
$650 due to them paying food, not staying the whole week, and so
on...)

- Richard