Re: [Debconf-team] Debian Day ( or Open Day if you prefer )

On 05/28/2010 12:20 PM, Ana Guerrero wrote:

> The Debian Day has been announced in 1st August in some free ad we got in a
> magazine, so looks like we should have it. (BTW, penta should say this and
> not only DebConf Day 1?)

indeed, thanks or bringing this up, Ana.

Is there a good link to pint people to about Open Day/Debian Day, what
it is, and why it is?

> I see 3 options:
>
> a) Look for "debian for users" talks. (This used to be the initial day of the
> debian day)
> b) Just schedule there the talks we thinkg are oriented for a general audience
> and not only Debian people.
> c) Combination of a and b. Look at the general audience talks we got and
> complete them with some debian for users talks.

i like (c).  Maybe someone with conference access could add it as a
track alongside the others?  Or maybe we should consider possible
synchronicities between Debian Day and the debian community outreach
track?  (i'm cc'ing andy oram and frank brokken here, who are
co-coordinating the community outreach track).

	--dkg