Re: [Debconf-team] talks team followup: scheduling and plenaries

Moin,

On Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2010, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>   Is anyone interested in acting as Scheduler?  Does anyone with
> experience from scheduling past debconfs have advice to offer?

do not schedule anything without giving at least 24h "warning" in advance.
never.

(and to repeat: I'm not only saying this because of video...)

(And if I really need to explain why again, I guess I will do so.)

>  1) Plenaries
>
>   There was quite a bit of discussion about having a select few events
> scheduled with no other concurrent events.  We are calling these
> "Plenaries" for the moment.  If we decide we want to have them, we might
> run into a bit of a space issue, as the larger of our two talks rooms
> only seats 200 people.  The video team can set up the smaller talk room
> as a spillover area with live video, though.
>
>   Do we want to have Plenaries?  If so, how often?  One per day is the
> most anyone has proposed so far.  It's not clear that anyone wants to do
> away with the concept entirely, though (e.g. zack's Bits from the DPL
> seems to have general support as a Plenary).  Do other debconf
> organizers feel strongly about this?

I really like the idea. The ssl thing from dc8 comes to mind as well as other
broad topics.

cheers,
	Holger