[Debconf-team] talks team followup: scheduling and plenaries

The talks team had a meeting on #debconf-team this evening.  Thanks to
everyone who showed up.

meetbot summary (and links to logs) are here:

 http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2010/debconf-team.2010-05-26-23.07.html

I wanted to raise two distinct issues with the broader debconf team from
our meeting: Scheduling and Plenaries.

 0) Scheduling

  The current understanding is that scheduling accepted talks is not
explicitly the purview of the talks team (though members might well
volunteer for that task) -- However, the only mention of scheduling on
the Teams wiki page is in the talks team section.  We currently have no
one explicitly volunteering to do the dirty work of scheduling once
talks are accepted.

  Is anyone interested in acting as Scheduler?  Does anyone with
experience from scheduling past debconfs have advice to offer?

 1) Plenaries

  There was quite a bit of discussion about having a select few events
scheduled with no other concurrent events.  We are calling these
"Plenaries" for the moment.  If we decide we want to have them, we might
run into a bit of a space issue, as the larger of our two talks rooms
only seats 200 people.  The video team can set up the smaller talk room
as a spillover area with live video, though.

  Do we want to have Plenaries?  If so, how often?  One per day is the
most anyone has proposed so far.  It's not clear that anyone wants to do
away with the concept entirely, though (e.g. zack's Bits from the DPL
seems to have general support as a Plenary).  Do other debconf
organizers feel strongly about this?

Thanks for your feedback,

	--dkg