Re: [Debconf-team] number of talks to be accepted?

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 08:06:21PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 08:00:43PM -0400, micah anderson wrote:
> > According to our April 24th meeting notes[0], there will be two rooms.
>
> Right now we have
> - 200 person auditorium  ("Davis auditorium")
> - ~75 person lecture room ("Interschool lab")
> - 20-30 person BOF room ("Schapiro 414")
> and this is just what is from SEAS.  We can very likely get more
> regular classrooms when time gets closer on an as-needed basis.
>
> I think the plan right now is video in the 200 and 75 person rooms.

That is what I am planning for.

Covering the 3rd room would require a third set of v-t audio and video
gear which could be hard to come by, increases settup and management
overhead, and of course requires extra volunteers to staff. It would be
great if we had enough of all resources to make that happen, but, past
experience leads me to believe it would lead to jeopardizing the quality
of the coverage for the main rooms.

-edrz