Re: [Debconf-team] number of talks to be accepted?

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 08:00:43PM -0400, micah anderson wrote:
> Note to debconf-team: this thread has been moved from the talks private
> alias, as it was decided it was better to have it on debconf-team.
> On Tue, 25 May 2010 16:46:38 -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg@fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
> > On 05/25/2010 02:15 PM, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> >> Looking at the number of submissions we got and how much talks we should
> >> accept, I have done a small estimate.
> >> The conference last 7 days but we do not have talks one day (daytrip),
> >> I do not know how many talk rooms we'll have but I assume a couple of them.
> According to our April 24th meeting notes[0], there will be two rooms.

Davis auditorium holds about 200 persons. Interschool Lab is the other
room, I'm guessing it holds about 50. Those are the 2 rooms videoteam
plans to cover.

Additionally there is a smaller room directly adjacent to Davis that
would work for BoFs, working sessions, demonstrations, etc, but
videoteam can't promise coverage there. Perhaps that should be left for
adhoc events that come later.

> If there are two rooms, is there one bigger than the other?

Yes, see above.

> >> Finally, I hope we have at least a third room to schedule all the "last minute"
> >> track.  Also note I have not considered here the Debian Open Day (I have not idea
> >> about its status).
> >
> > i don't know about the Debian Open Day situation either.  Anyone else?
>
> Good question.

I'm glad this came up as I've been forgetting to ask for many days
running now if any plans have been made, yet.

> 1. It was also noted that we can always add more rooms and slots later.

The smaller room (414, i think) on the same room as Davis auditorium
might be ideal for such events. Typically there are events that people
think up during the course of the conference.

-edrz