[Debconf-team] talks team reportback

hey debconf folks--

This is my followup report on the talks team status for debconf 10.

The talks review and acceptance process is late, but we're working on
it.  By this coming Wednesday, we expect to have each submission
reviewed by at least two people, hopefully more.

Those who are local will try to meet in person on Wednesday (2010-05-24)
at 7pm NYC time (23:00 UTC) to talk through the remaining steps, and try
to make sure we have a shared sense of what's happening and what else
needs to happen.  We will conduct this meeting on irc at #debconf-team
or a side-channel if #debconf-team is otherwise busy (and announce the
side-channel on #debconf-team, of course).

Physical location for the local portion of the meeting is being
discussed privately on talks@debconf.org so people can offer locations
without publicly archiving them.

As my previous mail noted, it's still not clear to me how the talks team
is supposed to make the talk acceptance decisions without feedback from
the venue folks about how many room-hours we actually have at our
disposal.  Any clarifications on this by more experienced folks would be
welcome.

I'll follow up after Wednesday's meeting to clarify what (if any) next
steps we have.  I welcome any questions and feedback.  Apologies for our
lateness.

	--dkg