Re: [Debconf-team] announce about debconf10 call for (monetary) help

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 03:58:34PM -0400, Pablo Duboue wrote:
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Raphael Geissert <geissert@debian.org> wrote:
> > That said, I hope it worked for something (and that nobody hates me or is
> > mad at me because I did it without telling anybody :)

Oh no, not at all, in fact I think it was very much useful and
appropriate (and I have dented/twitted it around to ;-)). Still, let's
try to have it complemented by some official buzz, to maximize its
usefulness ;)

> And yes, we'll send a more official follow up as soon as we can get
> our heads around it.

Thanks!

I've run out of time to day to post a draft on -publicity, but IIRC
there should already be around the boilerplate "about debconf" (and of
course "about debian"). I think all it would take to actually have a
proper announcement is an introductory text saying that « debconf 10
will be wonderful, it will probably be one of the most attended in
history [1], will be the first in US soil, bla bla ....» and that people
can help making it even more wonderful by sponsoring or even donating no
matter how small amount of money. If you're up to it, please go forward.

Many thanks for the organization!
Cheers.

[1] I've been told so as a projection of preliminary registration
    numbers