Re: [Debconf-team] "Talks Selection Retreat Day" - Tues, May 4th, tentative

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor
<dkg@fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
> On 05/03/2010 05:22 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> The key idea of the retreat is for local people to get together to be
>> able to talk about the apps and then we'll enter our ratings into
>> penta.  Then all who want to contribute on penta can do so, and we'll
>> wait for all that. But it seems that no one is following thru on this
>> retreat, so it might be that we're all just doing it via penta.
>
> One reason that we're in disarray is that two of the 5 local talks team
> folks had recent schedule changes that make this Tuesday impractical for
> them.

I can't join the talks team outright (between fundraising and bursary
I'm pretty busy) but I was hoping to join in for an in-person meeting
so as to contribute to the discussion (and that's why I answered the
doodle pool).

If we cancel the retreat idea, I'd be glad to join in some of the
local folk in the talks team for a more informal discussion. (I can
bring icecream ;-)

P.