Re: [Debconf-team] Tracks and Track Coordinators for Debconf 10

Hi Anthony--

Sorry, i just got this message right now (not sure why, but maybe the
debconf-team queue was backlogged?)

On 04/30/2010 05:32 PM, Anthony Towns wrote:
> So there are two tracks I think would be really interesting:
>
>   * Debian on mobile devices (phones, slates, netbooks)
>   * Debian and Wall Street (financial industry and related)

yes, these sound interesting to me too.

> I kind of feel like there ought to be better people for both tracks
> (my smartphone runs S60, not Linux; and Brisbane's almost as far away
> from Wall St as you can get), but I could possibly be convinced
> otherwise...

We'd need someone to step up and coordinate these tracks, and it's
looking pretty late in the game for DC10.  If you have concrete
proposals of people who might coordinate in a rush, that'd be great.  Or
if you want to pick one of the above and see what you can come up with,
that would be good too.

If you (or anyone else) decide you want to be a track coordinator for
one of these, please edit http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/Tracks,
make a wiki page for the proposed track, and start documenting the
relevant proposals, scheduling plans, and other concerns you think are
relvant.

Thanks for the suggestions,

	--dkg