Re: [Debconf-team] Tracks and Track Coordinators for Debconf 10

Here's what I've done recently.

LWN.net just posted something about an educator who looks like a good candidate for the panel. I wrote to ask whether she'd be interested and to send a bio. One paragraph of the article (which is subscriber-only at this point) is below.

I edited your wiki page to describe the panel Frank and I are working. I hope you find it in line with your goals. And I put out a tweet/Buzz/etc.

Andy

---

The best way to ensure the spread and success of open source is to introduce the next generations of users, and potential contributors, to open source at an early age. But this isn't trivial. Aside from software suitable for young users, it takes a lot of support materials to teach a class and spread the word to educators. One of the better documented attempts at reaching students is Máirín Duffy's eight-session Inkscape class and K12 Educator's Guide to Open Source Software.