[Debconf-team] Tracks and Track Coordinators for Debconf 10

Hey Folks--

As you may know, we are trying to organize some thematic groupings of
talks at debconf 10.  We're calling these groupings "tracks".

  http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/Tracks

i put a call out on planet.debian.org recently asking for people to
coordinate a track if they're interested [0].  And using the
talks@debconf.org alias, i also reached out to specific people and
communities for some of the brainstormed track ideas, hoping to find
good coordinators.

While i didn't do this this as well as i should have (we should have
started the tracks business much earlier, and i think i should have sent
the tracks call to d-d-a, in retrospect), i'm happy to say it's panning
out well.  The debian community is awesome.

So we now have the following prospective tracks underway, with the
associated coordinators:

 * Debian Integration in the Enterprise -- Sam Hartman

 * Mathematics and Science in Debian -- Michael Banck

 * Debian Community Outreach -- Andy Oram and Frank B. Brokken

 * Java in Debian -- Pablo Duboue

This is all listed at http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/Tracks

I hope i haven't missed anything that's already come in, and there is
still room for new tracks, if someone steps up soon to volunteer as a
coordinator.

Coordinators, if i've mis-stated your affiliation, or you want to change
the name of the track, or whatever, feel free to edit that wiki page,
and to discuss it here on debconf-team@lists.debconf.org.

If you have concerns about the talks or the tracks that you think need
to be addressed privately with the talks team, you can use the
talks@debconf.org alias.  Since this is debian, we prefer public
communication if possible :)

Inclusion of any given track in debconf 10 is still contingent on there
being enough good submissions for the track, and on scheduling concerns,
of course.

I'm very excited about the work that has been submitted so far, and i
look forward to seeing the schedule come together.

Regards,

	--dkg "the track wrangler"

[0] https://www.debian-administration.org/users/dkg/weblog/61