Re: [Debconf-team] update about tracks

On 04/26/2010 03:35 PM, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 11:38:00AM -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>> Just wanted to report back to the whole debconf team on the progress on
>> this front.  If we get no takers for track coordinators before the talk
>> submission deadline (very soon!) we might consider abandoning the tracks
>> idea for this year :/
>
> Well, maybe tracks could be exempt from that deadline, or the deadline
> be extended for track-specific submissions.  Would that be possible?

i suspect that the deadline isn't going to be as hard as it sounded, and
as far as i'm concerned: if there is a good-looking track under
development, with a solid coordinator bottom-lining it, and that
coordinator says "hey, this proposal is coming in after-deadline, but i
really think it would fit in my track well", i'd be inclined to honor
that proposal.

That said, the later it gets, the more difficult it gets to change
schedules around, so i wouldn't want this to encourage people to slack
on proposal submissions just because they think they can squeeze things
through on a track basis.

	--dkg

PS Michael, your name has been floated as someone who might be a good
math/science track coordinator, esp. seeing your debian science round
table proposal.  Have you considered that role?