Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-announce] RFH: DebConf 10 Travel Sponsorship Team

Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting sponsorship team announcement:
>
> > In the spirit of openness, the DebConf 10 Organizers are soliciting
> > volunteers for the DebConf 10 Travel Sponsorship team.
>

> Is there anything planned already for the sponsorship team to meet and
> start working? In fact, has sponsorship team "membership" been
> discussed already (I've seen a few volunteers, not that many, but
> enough to make a team, still)?

There's no planned activity yet.  I'm planning on comprising the team
out of everyone who volunteered (we have exactly the number of
volunteers that I asked for, btw).

> Of course, it's perfectly OK  to answer "Just Do It"....which is
> however precisely what I can't really do myself now because of current
> RL circumstances. However, I'm still highly volunteer to participate
> in the process.

I'm planning on adding the team to the sponsorship team e-mail address
and sending out an e-mail shortly.  The only thing on our plate before
the April 15 deadline is to discuss the procedures we want to utilize.

> I guess that the first key date is Apr 15th which is the last day for
> applying for sponsorship but, well, this is next Thursday..:-)

I believe someone's going to send out a registration reminder mail soon
that will include wording such as "be sure to check your requested
sponsorship amounts" or something similar.