Re: [Debconf-team] [pablo.duboue@gmail.com: sponsorship report]

[this is an extended version]

continuing the train of thought of sending email updates before the
Global Team meeting, here's the little I have to say about
sponsorships (as I am physically in a train right now, chances are my
connectivity will go away at any time):

* Hydroxide and I met and nailed down the brackets, plus remaining issues
with the sponsorpack. The new brackets are 2/10/20/30.

* bgupta is putting together a joint table of past years sponsorships.
He has officially joined the sponsors team :-)  don't laugh... you
could be next!

* Been very busy with work and I'm running a little bit behind with
the sponsorship tasks, hoping
to catch up this coming weekend. So if you feel can help, just ping me on IRC.

* We had an unrequested sponsorship inquiry (yay!) and I answered
through the RT, but when I finished answering the commands were a
little confusing. I thought I only BCC:ed Hydroxide but the message
envelope said I BCC:ed everybody in admin team *but* Hydroxide (doh!).
We might want to revisit that text to make it less confusing (or more
DrDub-proof if you think it is not confusing to the average mortal
soul).

* I'd like thank you all for the quick creation of media.d.o/reports/,
I think it is a great addition to the site.

What is urgent right now is to contact Linux Magazine, I'm hoping to
take care of that today (why is so urgent? we mention in the
sponsorpack but that 1 page add is not a sure deal... yet).

And I'm still hoping to have our first round of contacts a month
before our previous global meeting (ie, Feb 20).

As you can see, I'm a hopeful person, but hope is free. We can't say
the same about our DC10 food and lodging, so don't hesitate to ask me
on IRC about how sponsorship things are doing :-)

Cheers,