Re: [Debconf-team] Announcement: Global team meeting Nov 18, 21 UTC; but keep reading

(Removing -localteam from CC since this part isn't relevant to them.)

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 10:22:07PM +0100, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> - About CFP:
>   -what will motivate a speaker to send a proposal before the first deadline?

Simple: they get a response sooner, and they can make their travel/other plans
earlier if their attendance depends on the acceptance of their talk. The idea
is that both speakers and many attendees can plan better when they know at
least some of the accepted talks earlier, even if not everyone will be ready by
then.

>   -I think the second deadline is too soon, I propose postpone it a
>   couple of weeks to May 15th and having the results (public list of accepted
>   talks) by 1st of June.

That sounds reasonable. These proposals were drafted before the dates were
known, and the other option for dates was significantly earlier.

> I think the sponsorship guidelines should be discussed soon also and
> published when the registration opens. No sure if it is a good idea
> discussing it in this meeting without a draft.

I think we had a draft partially developed during the October 21 meeting; check
http://meetbot.debian.net/ to read the log and/or summary. I need to check with
one perennial sponsor before finalizing the levels (see October log for
details) but I think it can be ready soon enough to discuss this meeting. If
this turns out not to be true, we can always skip it.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org