[Debconf-team] Correct 'category' for me?

The registration 'category' has always been a mystery to me.  I have
no idea what the options means, so when I updated my registration for
the first time I left it unset and hoped for some illumination at a
later point.  It did not happen, so today I asked Holger Levsen on IRC
what I was expected to but there, after giving it a review yesterday
when I reconfirmed my attendance and again failing to understand the
options (I just fail to understand what independent mean.  Independent
from what?).

Anyway, Holger said I should use 'Independent', and I tried but
failed.  This option do not seem to work, and I suspect it is because
I am too late in trying to set it.  I registered a long time ago (do
not remember when), and Holger said that if it was before 15th of
April, I could get the setting changed to Independent.  Any clues to
spare?  What should the category setting be for my registration?  Can
I fix it myself?

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen