Re: [Debconf-team] provisional CfP

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Stephen Gran <steve@lobefin.net> wrote:

> A random spot check of a few hotels in the area suggests $250 isn't
> enough - the hotels I've checked appear to be ~40€/night for a single
> room (~65€/night for a double), which would work out to something like
> ~$350 for the week for a single room (~$325/week per person for a double).
> On the other hand, if we are putting up 'Professional' attendees in the
> regular lodgings and just asking them to pay instead of being sponsored,
> it works out, since money going out isn't an issue.

In any case, it'd make sense to present the price in €, since it's the
currency of the country and probably of most attendees.  Last year we
had to raise the price to USD 300, because of the currency exchange
movements.

> Does anyone with a real idea of the situation want to comment?  I'd
> prefer to have penta be accurate, even if the mail doesn't say
> everything it could.  It looks like I'll be holding off the CfP until we
> have an answer to this, at least.

I think that nobody has yet decided if Prof. attendees will be hosted
in the same lodgings or not.  From my point of view, it would be
better if they were to be at a hotel, because: 1) otherwise we _might_
run out of space for sponsored people, 2) the quality that one expects
when paying for the room is not the same.

--
Besos,
Marga