[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: [Debconf-team] DC10 date options

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:23:25PM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> a) June 12th-27th (including setup, debcamp, debconf, departure/cleanup)
> Cons: - we might not be able to get sufficient lodging to use this option
>         due to possible renovations; would know for sure at an unknown time
>         in november

waiting for a commitment & postponing decision concerns me.

>       - one talk room would be unavailable during DebCamp due to an
>         overlapping ACM conference; more people would therefore be around but
>         we would still be able to get enough space for DebCamp purposes

This is a concern from video-team perspective. It's best if we can get
the talk rooms set up with audio, video and network and tested during

> b) July 24th-August 8th (including setup, debcamp, debconf, departure/cleanup)
> Pros: - we can get a commitment on this option now; they have tentatively
>         blocked out 300 beds for us, with it being easy to add more

Earlier commitment seems like a Good Thing to me. 

The possibilities of construction / renovation schedules slipping scares
me due to past traumatic events I won't go into. (maybe it's just me)

>       - no scheduling conflicts for venue rooms; wide open right now

big plus in my mind.

>       - more time for planning/prep/sponsorship/talk review

This appeals to me quite a bit.

I vote for b.

-Eric Rz.

Reply to: