[Debconf-team] Attendee payment issues

Hi,

I was working on sanitizing some data in Penta today.

We have four fields related to attendee payments:
- has_to_pay
- amount_to_pay
- has_paid
- paid_amount
And thought that, lacking another plan, that these should be used to
record payment related things.  Is this what we should do?

So, I wrote a script which can update the payment-required values
based on participant_category (prof, corp) and
debcamp-without-workplan.

However, some of the attendees already have a value in amount_to_pay
which is greater than what they should pay.  I was wondering why this
is.  I asked Holger and it seems that it might be they amount they
have paid (which should be in paid_amount), however paid_amount isn't
on the web interface.

So, before I go changing these things, can you let me know if you have
been using these fields, so that I won't break anything?  Either by
email or on irc is fine.  Also let me know if I am going about this
all wrong.

(And then later, we can update paid_amount from FFIS and SPI, and send
reminder emails.)  (Also, I can email the report I generated from
these to people who need it, too.)

Thanks,

- Richard