Re: [Debconf-team] Openday Status: Is help needed ?

Gunnar Wolf dijo [Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 06:11:08PM -0500]:
> > > Has the Open Day team made any progress with the talks?  Do you all
> > > need extra help?
> >
> > Seems wee need help.  Tassia, did not answer my ping and I'll
> > be basically offline today and tomorrow.
> >
> > So Gunnar is alone until Sunday and time is pressing.
>
> Grah. And I'm going on VAC tomorrow... I will be (hopefully) reachable
> in Nicaragua, mainly after Wednesday.
>
> Still, I'll take a look _now_ at the received talks, to see what is
> suitable for OpenDay.

Ok, quick opinions:

• https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/456
  Cooperation and Social Status in Free and Open Source Projects
  Might give an interesting overview on our project's inner
  workings. I think it is interesting for outsiders to understand us —
  Of course, I understand Gaudenz wants the talk to be seen by us, but
  it might be a point driving towards higher DD participation in
  OpenDay/DebianDay/whatever.

• https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/373
  Free Beer, Power and Knowledge
  This talk was specifically geared at OpenDay. Now, it has been said
  several times that this year we do not want _very_ introductory
  talks. Still, if there is room, I think this talk can always be
  interesting for some people — And for local media.

• https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/469
  Large-scale Debian deployments BOF
  This can be very interesting for a wide array of attendees. Even for
  already long-time participants, such as people from Junta de
  Extremadura with LinEx.

• https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/473
  Licence compatibility
  This talk looks very interesting and promising, for DDs and
  outsiders alike, although the level will set the audience. Please
  note this talk is NOT to be delivered by me, but by Spanish lawyer
  Jose Lancho — I submitted the talk as he had difficulties registering
  with Penta (and Penta assumes that any talk with no submitter was
  submitted by the first user alphabetically, which is quite far from
  true)

• https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/467
  Understading Debian - Entendiendo Debian
  Specifically submitted for OpenDay, and to be delivered in
  Spanish. I think it can be a very good talk, it emphasizes on
  Debian's human, social side, and this can bring more people to our
  3v1l ranks.

• https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/398
  Debian and the Openmoko FreeRunner: one year later
  Can be an interesting talk showing a Debian success story on a very
  different setting. And it could be interesting perhaps to contrast
  this talk with Vince Sanders' "the death of open hardware"?

• https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/417
  RFH maintaining big packages
  Unsure, but... Well, I think the most common users of said big
  packages (i.e. OpenOffice) are regular users. I think this can
  provide a good bait to get them interested into contributing back, a
  good taste of what problems need to be solved. And this talk would
  also invite DDs to participate.

• https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/457
  Visualizing Debian package clusters
  Looks quite interesting for the project as a whole. I am only
  proposing this one as it can give a very good, maybe even
  frightening, overview of Debian.

...I think those are basically what I would consider for pushing into
OpenDay.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23