Re: [Debconf-team] about network

Hello,

(question to the mailing list)

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 05:43:04PM +0200, Anto Recio wrote:
> hi all
>
> Network  will be pay by Telefónica I need a document with technical
> requirements (up / down) ( i ask for 8 lines)
> they have offered to put some IP telephony services (this not sure, but
> we have to demand)

The team needs to discuss how having a night hacklab in a residence
affects this.  From what I understand, this is somewhat like DC7.

What we had discussed at a previous (budget) meeting was:
- 6 DSL connections at the venue
- 1 at each residence
(dependent on the quality of the connection...)

But now, we have a night hacklab in one of the residences.  Who can
comment on how much net we'll need at that hacklab?  Could we bridge
the venue/night hacklab with another wired or wireless connection?  (I
know these things have been done before, as everyone knows I haven't
been a part of it before so we need other comments.  It sounds like
the venue and residence should be close enough.)

Here's something to comment on by the network teams, as a starting
point:

"""
- <up/down requirements at venue>
- <up/down requirements at residence with hacklab>
- <up/down requirements at residence without hacklab>

If we can bridge venue and residence-with-hacklab:

- <requirement of sum of up/down at venue+residence-with-hacklab>
- <up/down requirements at venue>
- <up/down requirements at residence with hacklab>
- <up/down requirements at residence without hacklab>
"""

Message from prodders: "prod"

Thanks,

- Richard