Re: [Debconf-team] penta question

Hi Thomas,

On Freitag, 3. April 2009, Thomas Lange wrote:
> I just registerd for debconf9.

great! looking forward to see you again!

> The link https://penta.debconf.org/penta/submission/dc9/person has
> several submenus that I do not understand.
>
> What does the menu "availability" mean? What do I have to enter there?

The hours which you are present. This is mostly used for scheduling the
events - it's helpful to only schedule events to times where the submitter is
present :-)

> It would be nice if a short explanation would be added to this menu.

definitly. sadly we use a fork of penta which isnt that easy to upgrade
(afaik), so while the best strategy is to fix this upstream, this wont help
for the moment.

also, there are already quite some penta related tickets in rt.debconf.org
where we collected similar issues...

> It's also not clear to me what the menu "description" likes to know
> from me? IIRC papers and events have a seperate menu for entering, so
> what kind of abstract and descripttion should I add there?

"I'm Thomas Lange, and I'm a nice person and the author of FAI and I go to
DebConf because I like meeting other Debian developers" or how ever you would
describe yourself :) It's used in the schedule penta creates, for the
description of the people related to an event.

regards,
	Holger