Re: [Debconf-team] custom map using openstreetmap

2009/3/30 Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org>:
> Although I am myself a mapper, arriving early (well, second DebCamp
> day), and I tend to map a bit wherever I travel to, I would _not_
> consider this to be a proper main DebCamp activity (i.e. as it does
> not constitute value for Debian). Also, remember that unlike the
> mapping-friendly weather we had in MDQ, we will be facing ~40°C
> maximums, so... I don't expect many mappers during daytime :)

My plan is to get up very early in the morning (about sunrise) and take
photos in Cacares.  This will most probably bring me at several streets.
I do not own a GPS device bug would be willing to carry one of somebody
who might sleep at this time (which will most probably be nearly
everybody ;-)).  If this is considered helpful I would be happy to do so,
but my main concern is to take intersting photos not mapping the
city.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--