Re: [Debconf-team] Still possible to register for debconf?

Hi, Margarita. Thank you for your very seedy reply.

On Jul 14 2008, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br> wrote:
>
> > I was reading your debconf8 (http://debconf8.debconf.org) site and got
> > under the impression that "everything is finished" and that there is no
> > possibility for me to participate neither on the Debconf8 nor the Debian
> > Day series of talks.
>
> You can't give an official talk in DebConf8, but you can still give
> unofficial talks.  The schedule for DebianDay is not yet finished, but
> will be finished soon, so if you plan to give a talk during DebianDay,
> you should submit it ASAP.

What exactly is needed for the DebianDay submition? Any latex paper or
something similar?

Are these unofficial talks recorded (or put into a DVD, like previous
versions where, if memory serves me)? Will I be able to have any way of
showing it to my employer to confirm?

> > BTW, what does it take to be a sponsor of the debconf, if they are
> > still needed/wanted? I have some savings and I could be a Steel Sponsor
> > or a supporter or, depending on whether I can get support from the
> > institution where I am a Computer Science professor, be something more
> > visible (that would be the "Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie", São
> > Paulo campus).
>
> You can still sign in as a DebConf participant, but you will have to
> pay for your stay (300 USD the week).  Paying for your stay is a way
> of "sponsoring" DebConf.

Ok. I was already expecting this.

> If you want to help even a bit more, you can go for the "Corporate" (1000
> USD) option.

I should have emphasized earlier that this was what I would be looking
for (if I can actually attend DebConf).

Thanks, Rogério Brito.