[Debconf-team] We won't bring TK servers, hardware needs? (was: Importing TK servers, does it worth it?)

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 04:12:56PM -0300, Damián Viano wrote:
> --- Short version ---
>
> Adding up, we have a cost of at least USD1857 for importing, plus around
> another USD300 for insurance, and another USD891 to export them. Totalizing a
> sum of USD3048, and still some missing numbers for the whole deal
>
> The local team think this is wasting too money much for bringing 5 servers,
> plus all the hassle and paper work and the uncertainty of problems at customs.
> We think we can better use that money buying stuff here and sell them
> afterwards.
>
> What do you guys and girls think?

	Finally we'll get the stuff here, some borrowed, we'll probably buy
some nice quad cores or so to have some really nice stuff, but probably
everything will be standard hardware (as in no redundant power source or
rackable stuff, etc...)

	Please, speak up if anyone have any particular hardware need and
didn't discuss it with me or dererk.

--
Damián Viano(Des)              ¯ ¯ - _           _ - ¯ ¯
GPG: 0x6EB95A6F                 Debian ¯-_GNU_-¯ Linux