Re: [Debconf-team] Request for a debconf keynote

Hi,

On Saturday 19 April 2008 19:54, Moray Allan wrote:
> Some other conferences tend to have keynotes to start each day, but if
> we did that Debian types would probably sleep through them -- maybe the
> DebConf equivalent slot would be just after lunch?

I like the idea of daily keynotes (and possibly theming the events of the day
from it).

And I also think they'd provide an initiative to get up :-) And there is video
too. So I'd rather be in favor of keynotes at 10 or 11... - IOW: make the key
notes the second event of a day.

As to the original request:

I wonder why this keynote is not delivered at a Ubuntu conference and then
streamed and recorded. IMO that would send a different message than quite
late asking for a prominent slot in *our* schedule.

That said, I support the idea of sponsors buying slots (if the topic fits). If
Canonical (who is the "commercial sponsor of ubuntu") doesnt want to become a
platinium sponsor, the Shuttleworth or Ubuntu Foundation could also become
that. Or yours truly, Mark :)

And still, I also support Martins request to want to know what this keynote
should be about before comitting to it.

regards,
	Holger