Re: [Debconf-team] Leaving the debconf team

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 10:21:35PM +0000, Stephen Gran wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 10:41:56PM +0100, Ana Guerrero said:
> > On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 11:03:52PM +0100, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > > Wanting to change my pass in the debconf LDAP, i got the message attached
> > > below...
> > > I wanted to recover my pass in the RT, to file a ticket asking to setup
> > > the post-comming hook i mention in:
> > > http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20081118.100551.fe9d0a4b.en.html
> >
> > I see somebody has updated this today and made some changes so the website
> > looks "correct" that I was unable to try. But I am still waiting an answer
> > to this email.
>
> So, when I looked in ud-ldap, what I see is:
>
>  116) Comment : 'Account locked, resigned from DebConf on 18.02.2007, debconf-team list'
>
> Which seems accurate, given this mail:
>
> http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20070218.223105.380fbd6b.en.html
>
> And the fact that it took you 21 months to notice the account was locked.

I did not to make any change since then, in the LDAP, so impossible to notice it.
What I have used has been the @debconf.org alias and it worked fine not so
long ago. I supposed (maybe wrongly) if the ldap account is locked, then this
alias does not work.

And right, I did leave the debconf team back then and stop doing stuff as
webmaster, then some months later I started doing stuff again, as example,
look at this email:
http://www.mail-archive.com/debconf-announce@lists.debconf.org/msg00045.html
And since then I have done some stuff here and there.  As you can check easily
check in meetings IRC logs and emails.

> Even though LDAP and RT are not in any way related, I did check RT as
> well for you.  There have been no changes to your RT account since 2006,
> so I'm guessing you've just lost your password rather than a known good
> one not working?  There doesn't seem to be an easy way for someone who
> has lost their RT password to recover it automatically.  If you want one
> of us to reset your RT password for you, ping one of us on IRC.

 I have used the RT since then, I am sure. Not for reporting, but for browsing.
 And yes, i have lost the password of the rt, so please reset it!
 I do not need the LDAP stuff since I do not need access to any machine.

> Given your original reasons for resigning and that it seems like nothing
> much has changed in that area, do you want to rejoin now?

As said above, in some moment I resigned, but saying that nothing has changed
in that area in the meaning i have not doing anything since then, it is not
exaclty accurate.

Ana