Re: [Debconf-team] Updates on www.debconf.org

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:27:57AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:

> I hope someone has experience and time to put a proper
> content-management system in place, one that allows us to do edits
> in one place, avoid redundancy, and ideally get a publication
> workflow.
>
> Even though I am experienced with Plone, I doubt our sysadmins will
> install it, and I wouldn't want to use it anyway, to be honest. I am
> looking forward to learning Django, but that's far away.

The "complicated" stuff is already managed by penta, so if pentabarf is being
kept, it is just needed an alternative site where publish information
statically, so this site does not need to be dynamic or over engineered at all.

In the last 2 years, together with penta, we used a wiki and plain html pages
with some templating system.  Both were easy to handle from the administration
point of view, and they have their pros or cons that are mostly subjetives
to the way of working of every user.

I think best approach here is using again one of those system or something as
easy like them, but this should be chosen for the people (or group of people)
who are planning to maintain the website and add information there. (I guess
localteam)

In the case of pentabarf is not being kept, then it is another different
story...

Ana