[Debconf-team] Meeting reminder and minutes

Hi!

We are having a meeting today, at 20:00 UTC.  These are the minutes
from last week's meeting (with updated information where appropiate).

* Debian Day status

This is the big missing thing for DebConf8.  We currently have no
place.  The possible place that we had last week said that it's
impossible to do it that day.  We have a backup plan that we need to
study now.  And we are already asking other places for quotations.

* Talks/events schedule status (including 'keynote' question)

Scheduling in Penta is basically finished, although not yet available
to the public.

Regarding keynotes, we agreed that keynotes are talks that are only
"special" in 3 facts: 1) they are called keynotes 2) they are
scheduled at the beginning of the day 3) they have no other event
scheduled at the same time.  We have 4 keynotes for DebConf8, and we
won't have more unless the talks committee says otherwise.

* Projector/screen/PA equipment hire

We have an old quote (February) regarding this.  We should get it
updated, and have a contact to get a second one, but we don't have it
yet.

* Wired/wireless network planning status

There was a meeting 10 days ago about network planning with
debconf-admin and local-team. After that meeting, it was decided to
have 2 managed Gigabit switches in the backbone. Common switches and
aps for the rest of the network.

The core switches were bought and are already installed, they will be
later re-sold.  The others we are going to be rented at a very low
price.

Tincho and Traveler_ went MDQ the past weekend to oversee the ISP
installation and arrange cabling with the hotel.  They also took with
them most of the servers, so that almost everything is already at the
venue.  Including homer, lisa and tutatis being already online.

* Room allocation status

The big thing is already done and sent to the hotel.  After that, some
people were added and some others de-confirmed, but this will probably
be sent to the hotel as a "diff" next week.

We have a few less people-nights than what the hotel is expecting.
Currently trying to negotiate what we can get out of that money.

* Proceedings

Ganneff was supposed to send a "Last ping - LAST Deadline is XXX" mail
to people who should submit papers. This was just done, with deadline
being this Wednesday.

Holger mailed zack asking about the proceedings arrangement.  This was
done, the summed up answer is that very few papers are there.
Hopefully we will get a few more and still be able to print the
proceedings on time.

--
Besos,
Marga