[Debconf-team] Minutes from Last Week's meeting

Hi!

Sorry for the delay, I thought I had done the minutes last week, but
it turns out I didn't.

* Sponsor deadline status

The list of sponsors for the T-Shirts is closed. The designs were
going to be sent to the printer last week, but Linux Magazine turned
up late, and we made an exception for them.  The sponsor design will
be sent to the printer today.

* Incoming/outgoing funds status (including travel sponsorship)

In the end, Nokia decided to accept our proforma invoice. So, we've
received the money from SPI, and the money from Nokia is also coming
in. This means that we will do most refunds from .ar.

We should figure out how we are going to make the cash reimbursements
(i.e. traveler's checks, dollars, euros, etc).

* T-shirt status

T-shirt front design has been settled to just be the DebConf logo (we
had thought of adding some extra pictures, but ended up deciding the
logo was nice enough). We've already made the first downpayment and
sent that part to the printer, so that has (supposedly) already
started. Participants T-shirts will be dark blue (about the same color
that volunteers had in DC7). Organizer t-shirts will be black.
Volunteer and Video-Team will be red and orange respectively.

* Proceedings/magazine status

The magazine is practically ready, we've had the help of quite a bunch
of volunteers for this.  The team is lead by mendieta and dererk.

The papers for the proceedings have been few.  A ping was re-sent last
week, to try to gather more.

* Debian Day status

The place where we were planning to hold DebianDay turned out to be
unavailable.  We now have a very good chance to holding it in a very
nice place (Cultural Center General San Martín) in downtown, and a
second option of a sports club in La Boca (a -not so nice- riverside
neighborhood).  This should be defined tomorrow.

The list of talks is a bit longer now, but we still need a few more.
Maxy is working on this.

We would like to be able to give away CDs during Debian Day, but we
don't have neither the CD image, nor any sponsored CDs to give away.

People Present:

   1. Ganneff
   2. marga
   3. Sledge