Re: [Debconf-team] Still possible to register for debconf?

* Rogério Brito <rbrito@gmail.com> [2008-07-15 11:43:24 CEST]:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> > One key is that those unofficial talks are scheduled in penta well in advance.
> > What's not in penta, doesnt exist. And what's in penta too late practically
> > also doesn't exist.
>
> I unfortunately don't know about what is penta (penta for me still is
> a prefix meaning 5 or the short name for some drugs),

 penta is the registration framework that debconf uses.
<http://penta.debconf.org/> - you register your attendance in there and
also submit talks you want to give in there.

> but from the tone of your e-mail, the chances of giving a talk are
> none.

 I won't comment on the tone of Holger's e-mail, but I don't think that
the chances of giving a talk are none - it's rather the contrary. The
official schedule for debconf is set like Marga pointed out, from what I
understood the Debian Day schedule is not completely set yet, and there
is still slots open for so-called unofficial talks and workshops. It's
just that things should get settled rather earlier than latter, that's
what I read into Holger's pretty tight set message. It's not that you
can't hold a talk, it's rather that it gets harder for it to get
/recorded/ on video the later you try to get it in.

 So long,
Rhonda