Re: [Debconf-team] Regarding your DebConf8 blog post

Margarita Manterola wrote:
> DebConf8 sponsored registration and travel funding requests closed on
> March 31st:
>
> These are the mails that announced the opening of registration, and
> the deadline:
>
> In debian-devel-announce:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/02/msg00001.html (Feb 2)

This one was quite clear.

> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/03/msg00013.html (Mar 17)
>
> In debconf-announce:
> http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20080317.215443.4f03abc7.en.html
> (Mar 17)

These both say:

| Note that we are not able to grant any travel or food / accommodation
| sponsorship, if you do not register in time (in case you want to apply
| for it).

Which in retrospect meant that travel numbers needed to be in the system
at the time registration closed. But did not in fact clearly say that.
At the time, I think I understood this to mean that the details could
still be filled in later, as long as one registered in time. In other
words, this message only makes complete sense if you still remember
the message sent on Feb 2nd.

> I'm sorry if you missed them all, but I think we did a good job of
> announcing it :-\.  You can still register, of course, but you won't
> (at least not without asking for a special exception) be considered
> for sponsored lodging or food, nor for travel funding :(

Well I was in the system for sponsored lodging/food by the deadline, AFAIK.
I'll see if I can find this thing myself and let you know if I won't be
needing either.

--
see shy jo