Re: [Debconf-team] non sponsored accom - thoughts

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 09:15:22PM +0100, Peter Nuttall wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 10:39:47AM +0100, Michael Dorrington wrote:
> > Peter Nuttall wrote:
> > > Morning all,
> > >
> > > As those of you who are on the wrong end of accom@debconf.org know, BB
> > > and cowgate, our two hostels, say they don't have much more space
> > > during the debconf time. We also have about 50 folk who want non
> > > sponsored accom. The orginal plan was to ask these guys to book it
> > > themselves.
> >
> > I'm one of them! I want non-sponsored hostel accommodation so I can be
> > with everyone else but not cost Debconf money. Have we got any update on
> > what is happening with this?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mike.
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for not replying sooner, but current status is: "We are working
> on it". Jon is drafting a mail, I'm checking numbers. I have a rough
> ok from Neil, thanks
>
> Yours,
>
> Pete

people waiting for NSH should get a email about it now, there is a copy
in svn. In summary, the current status is that we are offering folk a
slot in a queue to get part of the sponsored group booking, or asking
them to book their own. We don't yet have enough reconfirms, only
about half overall, and a third for the sponsored folk, to judge how
much space we can offer.

Pete