Re: [Debconf-team] Unfinished tasks from DebConf6

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 00:46 +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Best would be to put a (color) printed version of the report into the bags.
>
> We will release it tomorrow to the public (got another small part of
> text promised which we want to wait on), so you should be able to start
> arranging to send stuff to sponsors soon.

Ok, I'm all set. We have some options for the printing. Basically, it
boils down to the type of cover paper and the type of binding. Unless
there are specific wishes, I'll go with a slightly thicker paper type
for the covers, and a simple staple binding.

Other options are tape binding or binding coil (spiral/comb), but there
might be problems with the margin being too small. Also, staples are
cheaper and quicker since they require no manual labour :)

> > 2. Where should I send the bags (there are 14 of them)? Complete
> > addresses, please.
>
> Those we will get to you soon.

Ok, I'll wait for them and confirm that the amount of bags, prints and
addresses match up.

> Hrm, wasnt there a bit of money left over from earlier DebConf that
> could be used for this?
> If not, or not enough, it depends a bit on how you want and can handle
> it. If you are able to pay for it in advance and get the money back at
> next DebConf (dont forget to reconfirm :) ), that would be simplest way
> of dealing with it.
>
> If that doesnt work I am sure we can arrange a money-transfer to you in
> some way.

Yes, DebConf5 had money left over. However, I don't have direct access
to it. It's held by Linux-Aktivaattori and is "locked" by an annual
meeting decision that is designed to protect it from wrongful use.

I can easily pay in advance, and the cheapest way to reimburse is
probably to arrange for it to be transferred from the Linux-Aktivaattori
account to me. To "unlock" the appropriate sum, a DebConf organiser
and/or the DPL (or perhaps the Debian Auditor) will need to approve the
sum and explicitly authorise the Linux-Aktivaattori board to make the
transfer.

Let's discuss it off-list with the appropriate parties.

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@debian.org>