Re: [Debconf-team] Minutes from today's meeting

On Dec 19, 2007 3:00 PM, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
> Hmh... International money transfer commissions in (the parts I know
> about in) Latin America are usually at around US$50 per transfer,
> independently of the amount transfered...

That's why we want to use credit-card payment through SPI, which
doesn't imply making such an expensive money transfer, and is usually
easier.

> Local people are likely to show up in the weekends, not as much in the
> weekdays, specially because you are not in a holiday period (and
> because a chilly Mar del Plata is not as attractive for the
> occassional porteño as it is in January, of course). And it's a 4-5
> hour ride... So I do think only interested people will show up.

Interested, yes.  Involved in contributing to Debian, not so sure.
Anyway, we plan on asking Argentinian people who are not very involved
in Debian to either work as a volunteer or pay their stay.  The
problem that we were trying to deal with was those that directly don't
turn up.

> > > * I intend to do real work during DebCamp.  Those that sign up for
> > > this category will be ask to state exactly what they plan to do.
> > > Cost: 0.
> > > * I intend to mainly hang out with other Debianites and socialize
> > > during DebCamp. Cost: 250 USD.
> +1. Of course, it's a bit hard to say what does "real work"
> mean... But I guess we can +- trust people on this, right?

Yes, I think we can.

--
Besos,
Marga