Re: [Debconf-team] debconf.org maintenance: now til Sunday

On 11163 March 1977, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> More important is: That means outag for all the stuff that machine
> hosts, from various DNS entries, the mail relay but also all the websites
> (www, db, debconfX (0-6,8), debianday, media, munin).

> This will happen between now and Sunday (7 October) evening. Its a huge
> change, as we aren't only moving from one machine to another but also
> upgrade apache (1.x to 2.x) and split the services into multiple
> machines. cmburns is our oldest debconf.org machine and as such has got
> a lot of cruft which I plan to sort a bit... :)

This should be done, at least for all the user visible parts. There are
still some things to do, but nothing that you will see if you arent an
admin...

This means that all services now run on new machines. All the websites
are now on kent.debconf.org (AKA Kent Brockman, the newsman from Channel
6. What could be better to hand out webpages than a newsman?).

The new cmburns is now only accessible for the admin group, still
running our userdir-ldap, main MX, munin and various other things.

Should you discover any problem with a .debconf.org resource please ping
one of the admins on IRC or write a mail to admins@debconf.org.

Thanks.

--
bye Joerg
<quinophex> iDunno: anyhow, tbm fits the description of an alug user