Re: [Debconf-team] of IRC and organisation: a plea to use the mailing lists

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 02:45:29PM +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've started to think that heavy use of IRC for organising
> this conference is more of a curse than a blessing. The
> ability to rapid-fire questions and decisions between team
> members offers a short term convenience but means there's
> virtually no record of what's going on bar backlogs for
> everyone else.

It's also inconvenient for those on the organising team. I've been trying
to get back into the swing of things recently, after having lost track
due to work pressures. Trying to find the current state of play has been
very difficult, and not at all possible by reading the mailing list.

I would suggest that we try and improve matters by getting people
involved in key areas to publish regular status reports / updates on the
list. I'm going to be doing this for teviot as of next week, so perhaps
that will get the ball rolling.