[Debconf-team] Re: [Debconf-discuss] browser support

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 01:16:53PM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> thanks to Steve Langasek debugging the browser failures today we now
> have the Pentabarf site (penta.debconf.org) working fully with epiphany
> and galeon. (And probably others based on same rendering engine, only
> tested those).

> The fix was to remove all byte order marks[1] from the .css files. Looks
> like those browser are unable to understand that, probably due to a bug
> in their parser/rendering engine.

FWIW, a peek at the properties on a sample .css file shows that the file's
encoding has been reported as ISO-8859-1.  It's not obvious to me that it's
a bug for a browser in this case to accept an encoding from a Content-Type
header, and subsequently be confused by non-iso8859-1 characters in the
document...