Re: [Debconf-team] Leaving the debconf team

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 06:45:35AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Ana Guerrero (ana@debian.org):

> > I'm leaving the debconf team. Reason: i am not very happy with how some
> > stuff has been handled lately, and the substitution of 2 members in the
> > sponsorship team, because they could not attend to the meeting without even
> > tell this to the rest of the team, has been the last straw. For me, this is
> > to be disrespectful towards the rest of the team.

> Is there some public statement coming about these changes in the
> sponsorship team?

> If there is a notion of team members, is the list of these team
> members public?

Though I can't answer the first question, I did a little digging and found
the "original" members of the sponsorship committee team in a message from
January:

http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20070127.171937.d11db36b.en.html

Now, for the members of this team:
- Joerg Jaspert
- Moray Allan
- Holger Levsen
- Amaya
- Margarita Manterola
- Neil McGovern
- Steve McIntyre
- Anthony Towns - the DPL part, we had Branden last year. :)
- Martin Wuertele

Goal here is to have members that are involved with DebConf but also
know Debian and people involved.

Now, to me, the question is who is being replaced, why, and on whose
authority. Was there a vote? Consensus? Were there issues brewing with the
team already chosen? I'm pretty uncomfortable with the idea that these teams
are being made and broken on whims...

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski