Re: [Debconf-team] Argentinian proposal for DC8

On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 03:04:25PM -0300, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As part of the Argentinian would-be local team, I'm announcing our
> proposal for DebConf8.

Hi,

First of all, muchas gracias to all the team! I know you were thinking not
make proposal and i'm really glad you finally did.

> The information regarding Argentina's local-team and Visa issues is at:
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Argentina

[...]
> * The city of Mar del Plata:
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Argentina/Mar_del_Plata

[...]
> * The city of Mendoza: http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Argentina/Mendoza

> The info in the wiki page is not yet complete.  We will be filling up
> the rest of the info as soon as possible.

Well, you're doing the work twice (2 proposals in the same country),
after all :)

Some (personal) comments:
-what exaclty did you lead to make 2 proposals? (i have read something about
this in IRC, but i think this an interesting point)
-if the team were asked to choose a venue, what venue would be chosen?
-could you make an extra page pointing the main differences between both
venues?

Besides the 5 hours by car to go from the airport to the venue, i like more
the "mar de plata" proposal, i was watching the hotel's webpage (sorry, i think
it is spanish only :( ) and it seems excellent.

About the flight prices from Europe to Buenos Aires, when i was searching
for my plane ticket for dc6, i was working with an argentinian, and we were
talking about prices and making comparatives (flight to Mexico DC vs Buenos
Aires from Madrid), and we came to the conclusion that the price was
almost the same. In the past debconf, a lot of people from Europe flew
via Madrid, so i think it was worth to mention.

Btw, i was curious to know the situation of both cities, and i found this map:
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapshells/south_america/argentina/argentina.htm

Thanks!
Ana