Re: [Debconf-team] Re: Future handling of sponsors

Hi Andreas,

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 09:38:19PM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> my personal perception with some of jörg's emails has been that
> they were polarizing, agitating and distoring. I would expect you
> as a team to achive more if you find people with better
> communication skills and more diplomacy to deal with touchy
> matters as cooperation with sponsorship contacts.

Jörg is not on the sponsorship team, so regardless of his skillset, he
will not be the one dealing with the sponsorship contacts in general. I
agree that communication and diplomacy skills are important, and I think
the people on the sponsorship team (Neil McGovern, Steve McIntyre,
Philip Hands, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel, and me) do have those skills
such that we should be able to deal appropriately with the contacts.

Thanks for your input, though. It's definitely useful. And, in fact, I
agree with you about the style of some of Jörg's emails, which might
potentially be due to the fact that he is a non-native English speaker.
Jörg, I'd encourage you to pay special attention to the way your emails
sound to other people, especially since it's hard to get across nuances
in email to people who may not have interacted with you much before.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org